Read from December 12 to 19, 2016
Synopsis: Ten stories of spine-tingling suspense, edited by Rayne Hall:
1.OUT OF ORDER by Karen Heard
What do you do when the lights go out and the screaming starts?
2. OUR LADY OF THE TOADS by Deborah J. Ross writing as Deborah Wheeler
The large, ugly toad perched in front of the gate was truly worthy of being a witch’s familiar.
3. FAMILY HEIRLOOM by Pamela Turner
This weapon has a mind of its own.
4. RING OF STONES by Donna Johnson
Jake Barnes seeks revenge on the cursed creature living in the abandoned well.
5. DEATH COMES TO MAGGIE MCDANIEL by Grayson Bray Morris
A bully’s cruel hand grants Maggie’s dearest wish.
6. CREATURES OF THE NIGHT by William Meikle
What if intense fantasies create a different reality?
7. DRUID STONES by Rayne Hall
Modern druids enact an ancient ritual, and a woman watches in secret.
8. THE LOFT by Liv Rancourt
Three women from the church choir learn that evil is everywhere.
9. LIFE IN MINIATURE by Tracie McBride
Street kid Michael thinks it’s his lucky day when a do-gooder picks him up off the street.
10. YOU HAVE ONE MESSAGE by Jonathan Broughton
Press * for connection.
Some of these stories have been previously published in other books, magazines or e-zines. Continue reading