Imagine my surprise when I logged into wordpress this morning at a cheery 4:45am (some of us have to get up and go to the gym early before our brains work out what we’re doing!) to find that ScriptRod had nominated me for a Liebster Award.
At first, I thought I might have been dreaming. I mean, I’ve only been doing this for just over a week and someone has nominated me for an award. Yep, definitely dreaming.
After the aforementioned gym session I log back in to wordpress.com to see that not only wasn’t it a dream, but it’s actually a real award. I’d never heard of it, being new to blogging and all, I kind of thought it was a bit of a hoax, or someone having a bit of a lend of me. With some googling under my belt I can safely say that I think this is one of the nicest awards out there. Bloggers pass it on to fellow bloggers who are just starting out. It’s like a ‘well done for getting started, here’s some encouragement’ award.
I located this blog post about it: Liebster Blog Award Origins which pointed us to the earliest post the user could find ~ here. Since that post is in German, and I can’t read German, I had it translated and it roughly outlines the conditions of the awards as this:
The aim of this award is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, that is why would I ask you not to nominate blogs that have already 3000 readers but talented beginners & people who are already blogging, but are still not so well known.
So, thanks to ScriptRod for the shoutout – I am totally surprised and humbled by it! So without further ado I shall answer the 5 questions put forward and then put forward my own nominations.
1. What are your thoughts on the relationship of craft and art?
I think all craft can be considered art, don’t they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder? What works as art for some people doesn’t neccessarily work as art for others, but just because one person may not consider it art, another may.
2. What one thing have you learned from blogging?
I have learnt that while current events in your chosen topic may get you high views, it doesn’t neccessarily guarantee comments or interaction from the flow of traffic. I’d rather have a smaller number of active followers and returning traffic than high numbers of random people who read things once and never come back. I like that there are some people out there that want to read what I have to blog about.
3. What is the child in you?
Extremely naughty. *grin*
4. What has been your biggest surprise from writing a blog?
This ties into question #2. I’m surprised that there are people out there that want to read my random musings. I love that there are, but it still surprises me!
5. What is the most evil bugaboo to your time management, and how do you cope with the little devil?
The internet offers both a plethora of inspiration and a huge distraction. I try to limit my wanderings from twitter, facebook and goodreads when I’m trying to write, but it doesn’t work too well. It’s a work in progress.
*cough and clears throat* and the nominations for the Liebster award are:
1. Woah Molly ~ http://woahmolly.com/
2. Being Passionately Curious ~ http://beingpassionatelycurious.wordpress.com/
3. The Happy Logophile ~ http://joeberhardt.com/
4. Dianne Gray ~ http://diannegray.wordpress.com/
5. BottledWorder ~ http://bottledworder.wordpress.com/
Hopefully these bloggers will take this award as it is intended, showcasing my enjoyment from reading their posts and encouragement from a fellow blogger. If they do, you should be able to see the questions I am about to ask them appear on their blog soon. Creating a blog post, answering the below questions and picking their own nominations is what this award is all about.
1. Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why?
2. What is the most daring or dangerous thing you’ve ever done?
3. If you could be given another talent or ability, what would you want it to be?
4. If your life was a novel, what would be the title and how would your story end?
5. What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?